Leaders are dreamers first, so if you have so many dreams that you are dying to turn into reality, there is a possibility that you can become a great leader in the future. But leaders are not born leaders; they have to develop the skills that are necessary to become well deserving of their position. If you have been contemplating of becoming one, then there is a fair chance for you to be one. Finally, leaders have a great vision and the ability to articulate that vision. What about you, do you have a vision? Are you articulate enough to persuade others to turn that vision into reality? How would you articulate your vision as a leader? Here are some of the best ways:
1. Lead. As a leader, you have to lead by example. You can not really show them what’s in it for you if you do not see your vision in you. Make sure that you are a walking example of what you have in mind.
2. Manage less. Nobody wants to be managed. Being a leader is all about human behavior and interpersonal skills. Use your charisma and persuasion not your authority.
3. Simplify. As the one who has the vision, it might be clear to you but not for others. You need to simplify this vision in a way that they will easily grasp the idea. Only by this can you persuade them that your vision is coherent and workable.
4. Energize others. Make sure that you are not the only one who can feel your vision, share your passion with your peers. Make them feel that you have. Energize them to believe that this can be done.
5. Use less force. You do not need to show your peers your authority to enable them to see your future in your vision. Remember that a leader does not use authority but charisma and persuasion to articulate a vision.
6. See change as an opportunity. Leaders are not dismayed by change, they embrace it. So when a vision comes up, they make sure they are embraced completely by their peers.
Put put first. Being clear with what is the life of the life of the essence of articulating it. You need to open all the cards by setting the values first.
8. Make everybody a team player. A vision will stay in a place where you can get it. Only when everyone is willing to take part on your vision will it be easy to achieve.